The fifth season of the American television drama series Better Call Saul was announced on July 28, 2018. The series returned on February 23, 2020. It consists of ten episodes, each running approximately 47 minutes in length.
|Bob Odenkirk||James McGill||10||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Jonathan Banks||Mike Ehrmantraut||10||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Rhea Seehorn||Kim Wexler||10||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Patrick Fabian||Howard Hamlin||6||✘||✔||✘||✔||✔||✔||✔||✘||✘||✔|
|Michael Mando||Nacho Varga||7||✔||✔||✔||✘||✘||✔||✔||✘||✔||✔|
|Tony Dalton||Lalo Salamanca||8||✔||✔||✔||✘||✘||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Giancarlo Esposito||Gustavo "Gus" Fring||9||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✘||✔||✔|
- Interviewed by Entertainment Weekly, Peter Gould teased what awaits us during Season 5:
- About Saul Goodman: "It seems like Jimmy’s first move is to try to leverage all the contacts he has in the world of selling drop phones. But don’t forget, he also knows the vet, and the vet is sort of Craig’s List for the underworld in Albuquerque. So he can get quite far. The question is: how does he establish a reputation as not just a criminal lawyer but a criminal lawyer?"
- About Gene Takovic: "He’s the opposite of Saul Goodman because he speaks so very little, he’s so afraid. But I’m fascinated by that situation and by the question of: is there still any chance of redemption?"
- On April 7, 2019, Rhea Seehorn announced on Twitter the start of the filming of season 5.
- Interviewed by Vulture, AMC President Sarah Barnett has revealed that the fifth season won’t return until 2020.
- Tony Dalton (Lalo Salamanca) is promoted to the main cast for the fifth season.
- Bronwen Hughes will direct the first episode of season 5. She previously directed episode 6 of season 1 of Breaking Bad.
- Season 5 will begin with a two-night premiere. First episode will air on Sunday (February 23) after The Walking Dead episode, before returning to its usual Monday timeslot with second episode airing the next day (February 24). This is the same as first season, which also premiered with first episode airing on Sunday after The Walking Dead and aired the second episode the next day.
- It was revealed at the Television Critics Association winter press tour (January 16, 2020) that Robert Forster, Dean Norris and Steven Michael Quezada will appear in the fifth season of Better Call Saul, reprising their respective roles of Ed Galbraith, Hank Schrader and Steven Gomez.
- Robert Foster passed away on the same day that El Camino was released (October 11, 2019), his presence in the fifth season of Better Call Saul is most likely his final acting role.
- Ed Galbraith is currently the second character who appears in Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul and El Camino, the first being Mike.
- Ed appeared in the flashforwards of the season premiere "" where a panic-stricken Saul Goodman called him for another extraction. However, Saul chose not to go forward with the extraction and to instead fix the situation himself.
- "" was dedicated to "our friend Robert Forster."
- Chuck McGill does not appear, making him the first main character to not appear in a full season after their introduction.
- ↑ Better Call Saul creator on what lies ahead in season 5, exploring Gene
- ↑ [https://twitter.com/rheaseehorn/status/1114650064465432576 Let’s do this!!!! Season 5 @BetterCallSaul , let the shooting begin!!!]
- ↑ Why AMC Networks Is Betting So Heavily on Killing Eve
- ↑ Better Call Saul' Adds Tony Dalton As Series Regular For Season 5
|Better Call Saul Seasons|
|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3||Season 4||Season 5||Season 6|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.