Kaylee Ehrmantraut is Mike Ehrmantraut's granddaughter. She and Mike share a strong bond, including playing games such as Hungry Hungry Hippos with each other. This bond is further shown when Mike is clearly visibly upset during his DEA interview with Hank Schrader and Steven Gomez when they proceed to inquire as to who she is and threaten the trust fund Mike had set up for her.
Better Call Saul
- In an interview with Jonathan Banks, he stated that in his vision, Mike wouldn't have left Kaylee in the playground when the DEA found him. But he accepted the scene as it was, since he respects the writers.
- Kaylee's age is a topic of conversation in the fan community of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul:
- While Mike is interrogated by Hank and Gomez during the episode "" of season 5A of Breaking Bad, Hank reveals that Kaylee is 10 years old. It is not certain, however, that Hank knows Kaylee's exact age and then gives a rough figure, but Mike does not react to this information. The actress who plays Kaylee is then 12, which makes the character seem naturally older than 10 years.
- If Kaylee is 10 years old in 2009, she should be about 3-4 years old in 2002, at the time of Better Call Saul. However, it is clear that the character is older than 3-4 years and the two actresses who play successively Kaylee are older.
- In a podcast, the showrunners discussed this topic and responded that it was indeed an assumed inconsistency.