Abuelita is driving her car home when she accidentally runs over Cal as his twin brother, Lars Lindholm, is filming him performing skate maneuvers on the street; unbeknown to her, this is actually part of a scam to take down one of Jimmy McGill's clients, Betsy Kettleman. Frightened by the situation, she drives off from the scene and the twins follow her home. As she parks the car in front of the garage, the twins threaten her, accusing her of breaking Cal's leg and that they want her to do something about the situation. Abuelita clearly doesn't speak too much English, she invites the twins inside her home so they can find a solution ("").
As they get inside the house, they are received by Abuelita's grandson, Tuco Salamanca. She tries to explain to Tuco the situation, but the twins continue to threaten to call the police and that they need money; Lars even calls Abuelita a "biznatch", which infuriates Tuco. He then calms down his grandmother and convinces her to go to her room and watch her soap opera as he deals with the twins. Later on, after hearing strange noises, Abuelita leaves her room and spots Tuco cleaning blood from the carpet, which he convinces her that it's only salsa that he spilled and she goes back to watching her soap opera ("").
- "Abuelita" is Spanish for "Grandma".
- "Abuelita" drives a 1993 Ford Taurus.
- Gus says in the episode "" of Breaking Bad that Joaquin was the last remaining family member Hector had left, and now that he is dead he tells Hector "The Salamanca name dies with you." If this is true, she would likely be the only known Salamanca to die of natural causes.
- Adding to this fact is that actress Miriam Colon died in 2017, lessening the chance of the character's on-screen appearance.
- Some have taken this to imply the character is deceased, but this is not definitive given that the character is obviously post-menopause and family names are not generally passed along by the mother in American countries.
- Míriam Colón also played Tony Montana's mother in Scarface, which is fitting because Abuelita is the mother of Hector Salamanca.